We are a Veteran-owned company that supports a collection of companies working directly with Veterans to help them maximize their VA disability compensation. We assist by helping these Veterans with the critical documentation and medical records-gathering process.
Our mission is to provide 5-star operational, administrative, and technical support to our Veterans through accurate, timely and caring services.
Supports our software development team by assisting in the various stages of development of software using the Agile development model. Possess a basic understanding of computers, are eager to learn new software and gain experience with an in-house Development Team.
- Hands on experience with guidance from mentors.
- Paid internship with the opportunity to become a permanent employee
- Potentially joining a rapidly growing organization
- Planned activities and team building recreation
++ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES++:
- Assisting with managing a backlog of small development tasks using proprietary software
- Performing Quality Assurance testing on fellow team members developments
- Composing status updates on assigned work
- Learning the Agile methodology popularly used by Software Development Team
++REQUIRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES++:
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The intern frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Use of the computer and keyboard are frequent.
- The intern is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms.
- The intern must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
++REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE++:
- College student pursuing a degree in computer science, software engineering, software development, or another related field.
- Available full-time hourly for an 8-week period or part-time hourly at a rate of 20 hours per week.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong general computing skills.
- Hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software.
- Ability to identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies.
This position is remote. We are requiring remote interns have a minimum internet speed of 10 Download/5 Upload to be eligible for this internship.