Avaya enables the mission critical, real-time communication applications of the world’s most important operations. As a global leader in delivering superior communications experiences, Avaya provides the most complete portfolio of software and services for contact center and unified communications— offered on-premises, in the cloud, or a hybrid. Today’s digital world requires communications enablement, and no other company is better positioned to do this than Avaya.
What will you do?
- You’ll be part of our Avaya Academy Program, an award-winning graduate training program for talent, aspiring to move into Engineering and Software Development roles. For the first part of the program, you’ll learn about the latest technology advancements and an understanding of the business. During the second part of your academy year, you’ll further develop your skills through an On-the-Job Experience in the wider R&D organization.
- The program, while challenging, will push you to become the best version of yourself. You will learn about the software development cycle from idea to solution delivery and each step in between. You will actively develop your technical and leadership skills along with overall product and solution knowledge. With a dedicated mentor, you will have regular reviews and a network within the business to support your development. You will have the opportunity to shadow technical leads and will be immersed into a truly global environment and you will work virtually with international teams. We’ll offer you a safe and fun environment to practice what you’ve learned, all the while providing you with feedback to develop your potential. Thanks to this rigorous training plan, we’ve earned a strong reputation across the company.
- Upon graduating from the Academy, you’ll transition into a Software Development role where you’ll ultimately accelerate your career.
Who You'll Work With?
- You’ll train alongside incredibly talented individuals, like yourself, from diverse backgrounds. Early on, you’ll make long lasting friendships and belong to a rich human network that will support you throughout your career. As a successful Academy Associate, you’ll learn to discover, build and drive new opportunities. With a dedicated mentor, you will have regular reviews and a network within the business to support your development. You will have the opportunity to shadow technical and business leads and will be immersed into a truly global environment and you will work virtually with international teams. You’ll have your own mentor, an Academy alumnus who’s been in your shoes and will guide you in your first year. With a strong Avaya team committed to your success, you’ll gain hands-on education and experience, while receiving an attractive salary and pursuing your career aspirations.
What will you work on?
- Coding, debugging, and documenting application programs and systems level programming
- Systems programming, and systems support activities
- Coding to ensure software meets specified performance, scalability and reliability requirements
- Plan and modify network components supporting communication implementation activities
- Provide support to customer and account teams to understand customer requirements
- Present information clearly and in an appropriate style, makes technical information clear
- Contribute actively in team activities by sharing experiences and ideas