The Revenue Recognition Intern will be responsible for maintaining the revenue accounting processes, including contract review, application of appropriate revenue guidance, and timely and comprehensive reporting on a monthly basis.
- Reviews sales arrangements (including multiple element contracts, contracts involving software deliverables) to ensure compliance with US GAAP and Zebra accounting policies.
- Maintains documentation related to selected sales contracts during the quarter, ensure proper amounts recorded during the period and work with the team to facilitate communications with our external auditors.
- Works with the team to analyze various product/service offerings and related revenue streams to ensure proper revenue recognition.
- Maintains a strong control environment (including financial and operational policies) and liaison with internal and external auditors.
- Maintains global revenue accounting policies.
- Assists in determining the impact of new accounting pronouncements on reporting requirements and business practices.
- Assists in the implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
- Works with the team to implement improvements to overall process and procedures.
- Contributes to less complex projects.