Ingram Micro touches80% OF THE TECHNOLOGYyou use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With$46 BILLION IN REVENUE, we have become the world's largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
The Operations Training Coordinator is the on-site team member supporting the development, design, implementation and delivery of multi-level department training for operations.
- Communicates and collaborates with Training Manager and Training Coordinators at other locations to ensure consistency in training programs, improve overall performance of programs and operations support, and to support team goals and objectives.
- Identifies training needs, obtains technical data, collaborates with subject matter experts, schedules training and maintains training records & certifications.
- Ensures that training is delivered and completed in a timely manner.
- Evaluates training delivery and provides feedback to department trainers and management.
- Coaches associates and provides skills assessment evaluations to management.
- Utilizes most appropriate learning methods including just-in-time training, self-study, computer-based training, simulation and hands-on class exercises.
*On-site Operations Training Coordinator will report to Training Manager based in Indianapolis, IN
- Schedule and facilitate training for operations new hires, temporary associates, and full-time associates including new hire orientation and job specific training.
- Schedule, administer, and track annual certification assessments and maintain accurate records and documentation for all training programs and certifications in accordance with ISO registration policies and procedures. Maintain accurate records and documentation for all training at site.
- Assist in the development and training of employees through leading and participating in training presentations and activities (i.e. special topic presentation, on-boarding training segments, on-floor audits of training material and effectiveness) .
- Collaborate with human resources and temp agencies on site tours date/times and start dates of temporary associates. Coordinate placement of new hires with on-site operations management based on staffing needs.
- Identify training needs via skills-gap analysis; design new training materials and resources and enhance/update current training materials. Evaluate training effectiveness and make recommendations on training methods, content, and technologies to Training Manager.
- Work with subject matter experts (SMEs) to clarify complex concepts and ensures accuracy of training content.
- Provide support and coaching to department trainers. Lead train the trainer sessions and observe, mentor, coach, and evaluate the performance of department trainers to ensure they are following standard training process and procedures.
- Coordinate training schedules with management team on a weekly basis and email training reminders, as applicable, to the various departments; meet regularly with the management team to discuss scheduling conflicts and special scheduling needs.
- Prepare daily, weekly and/or monthly reports on training statistics and progress and training needs and work activities.
- Travel may be required to other locations in other states or facilities in area.