Manage the administration of all leases and license agreements related to all Direct’s real estate locations. The individual who will be successful in this role must be pro-active, detailed, organized and will enjoy the opportunity to own the full lease life cycle in a fast paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Coordinate with the Director, Legal, Landlords and Business partners on the preparation and full execution of all lease renewal related documents, including exercising options on all existing leases, in a timely fashion
- Abstract new leases/licenses and update existing lease/license related information into the Lease Data Base in a timely fashion
- Administer all leases and license agreements for leased properties, kiosks, colocations, subleases and leases to third parties on Company owned properties to ensure full compliance
- Organize, manage, maintain and update all hard copy lease files and electronic lease files
- Coordinate with our insurance carrier to ensure all lease required certificates of insurance are provided to all Landlords for our leased properties
- Secure required COIs from all Direct’s business partners related to colocations, subleases, and leases on owned properties
- Coordinate with the Director and Legal on the preparation and delivery of all lease required notices or documents to Landlords or their representative concerning defective conditions, non-compliance of lease terms, delinquent accounts, notices to vacate, store closures, estoppels, subordination agreements, etc.
- Build and foster positive working relationships with all Landlords and Property Managers
- When lease related issues arise, review and analyze lease agreements or license agreements and identify potential conflicts resulting from non-compliance
- Interpret and enforce lease terms to ensure proper compliance - consult with Legal Department
- Communicate with Landlords and/or Property Managers as directed on lease related issues including the resolution of any conflicts
- Work with the Project Manager and/or the Facilities Team to track and collect all tenant allowance dollars from Landlords and/or to insure that all abated rents are received by Treasury