Provides technical and analytical support to business processes within National General Lender Services. Responsible for working directly with the Business Unit, IT, the client and other internal departments to analyze, understand business requirements and implement solutions. Individuals in this role are responsible for handling needs assessments and cost/benefit analysis to align the technology of the company with business strategies. Continuously strives to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and ensure compliance with regulations, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide clients and internal customers with quality service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage with the business and technical teams to identify potential solutions and provide recommendations and thought leadership.
- Involvement in the solution design, prototyping, application configuration/integration, conference room pilots, documentation, testing, training, and project management.
- Articulate how solution sets could fit into your customer’s business environment and be able to articulate the associated impacts in all impacted areas upstream and downstream. Partner closely with teams to execute solutions and act as a liaison between the customer community and business owners
- Perform business case analysis (including cost benefit), work closely with the application owners and management team to develop a quality business case.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives by assessing effectiveness of current processes, programs and systems to recognize opportunities for standardization, increased efficiency, cost reduction, increased quality and improved user experience.
- Apply business process and functional knowledge in helping to solve complex issues as assigned or requested. Where possible, influence requirements and processes and follow through with implementation.
- Consult with stakeholders to understand business problems that may prevent access and delivery of products and translate them into requirements
- Learn different areas of the business and understand needs in order to provide recommendations and insights on what products or services best fit needs.
- Articulate and confirm understanding of business requirements to IT developers.
- Perform quality checks to ensure accurate ongoing system functionality.
- Maintain control records and tables on key applications.
- Consistently deliver reliable technology programs to our customers and associates through system stability.
- Create and maintain documentation for system functionality.
- Research and analyze system and manual processes and prepare written recommendations for changes and/or improvements; work with various groups to ensure successful implementations.
- Manage small to medium projects, following standard project management methodology.
- Conduct system and user testing as required to verify system continuity and integration as well as functionality.
- Perform detailed ad hoc analysis using a variety of tools, including database programs. Organize and write reports. Summarize results in a meaningful format.
- Participate in the development of procedures for newly designed processes or systems.
- Answer questions regarding system functionality and processing procedures and issues.
- Support Business Unit during implementation of new clients and services, including ad-hoc training as needed.
- Balance business requirements and set expectations on any new projects. Recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards.
- Proactively stay up-to-date and informed of any change, or planned change that will impact the user community and formally communicate changes to support staff. Analyze and evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts.
- Act as a conduit to management and stakeholders by initiating and providing regular updates on open actions, changes and core team participation.
- Adhere to established Software Development Lifecycle methods.
- Deliver accurate and timely status updates to management and customers for all assignments. Provide detailed meaningful statistics.