Support the compensation function of National General Insurance through the detailed analysis of general or specific compensation programs and initiatives. May be assigned to support one or more client groups or assist with Companywide compensation needs. Conduct analysis and interpretation related to the organizations compensation programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Provide on-going analysis and operational support on a wide variety of compensation related issues
- Evaluate the organization’s jobs, documenting responsibilities and requirements in job descriptions
- Conduct market analysis of company jobs to determine competitive positioning of the organization’s pay programs
- Contribute organizational data, and analyzes results of, compensation surveys
- Identify growth opportunities within Compensation and propose strategies to improve to Comp Leadership
- Participate in annual salary administration programs, including salary structure creation, maintenance and development of incentive or merit increase budgets
- Participate in administration of annual performance management, incentive, or merit increase programs
- Modify and maintain corporate standards and templates for job descriptions, titling conventions, plan documentation and rules for multiple incentive plans
- Assist in organization wide training regarding compensation changes and/or annual performance management
- Partner with organization leaders to define variable pay opportunities
- Review and submit bonus, incentive, and commission payments
- Play an active role in driving ad hoc compensation projects from start to finish
- Participate in cross functional projects that support the larger HR strategy