Responsible for the design and development of builds, scripts, installation procedures, and systems including source code control and issue tracking. Provide communication and collaboration between software development and infrastructure teams. Note: This position is for eligible and current NGIC contractors only.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Under direct supervision from DevOps Lead, follow .NET application software release practices that will be used enterprise wide to create a consistent and commonly understood process by all concerned parties
- Utilize existing Azure DevOps Services build and release pipelines to deploy application code to respective non-production environment
- Apply SQL scripts to non-production databases utilizing SSMS or Powershell scripts
- Support production deployments, assist with troubleshooting deployment issues
- Assist with branching/merging requests in support of parallel development efforts
- Collaborate with testing teams and assist with performance testing setups/executions
- Liaison between application development and infrastructure teams in the establishment of needed infrastructure in non-production environments and provide subsequent support of application solutions
- Develop an understanding of infrastructure footprint of existing .NET solutions and utilize as a pattern for new solutions
- Serve as the SME for software development life-cycle tools – tools support testing, monitoring, integration/release and scheduling areas