Support effective and efficient document servicing operations by following established procedures to process metered outbound mail and open, sort, scan and distribute all received insurance-related mail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Prepare incoming insurance-related mail by following established procedures to open envelopes with industrial equipment, manually remove envelope contents and sort documentation for scanning and delivery
- Scan received documentation by sorting individual documents, adding separator sheets as required and utilizing scanning equipment to capture mailed documentation within internal systems for delivery to appropriate queues
- Process metered outgoing mail by inserting envelopes into metering machine, confirming postage is correctly applied and updating records to document processing history and support accuracy in delivery of outbound mail
- Contribute to achievement of service level agreements by processing inbound and outbound mail quickly and accurately to meet department quality and productivity standards
- Build document servicing skills and knowledge by soliciting performance feedback, participating in cross-training and learning additional processes and procedures to support multiple workflows and contribute to effectiveness of team operations
- Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to reward performance and value “can do” people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun
- Support National General Insurance values in personal work behaviors, decision-making, contributions and interpersonal interactions; manage own career development by soliciting feedback and valuing other perspectives