ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
This position will work under the direction of the HR Director/Manager. The position will be responsible for:
- Handles all employee relations issues in areas of responsibility including but not limited to reviewing/approving performance improvement plans, performance management, handling complaints and seeing them through to resolution.
- Provides advice and counsel to members of management and employees related to employment policies, employee relations issues, employment laws and regulations.
- Stays in sync with business happenings by attending staff meetings and being visible in operations.
- Builds partnerships with management by identifying human resource solution that support the current and future needs of the business.
- Works with management, peers and other HR colleagues to ensure consistency across the organization relating to policies andor practices.
- Act as an impartial advocate to ensure that all individuals receive fair and equitable treatment
- Provides management coaching/counseling and career development advice for employees when needed.
- Conducts HR training on various topics (i.e. sexual harassment, New Employee Orientation, Supervisor Policy/Procedure training, interviewing skills, etc.) as needed.
- Handles workforce planning involving re-deployment opportunities and reductions in staff.
- Supports HR projects such as acquisition integration, performance management administration, etc..
- Advises on compensation matters to ensure equity and fairness.
- Completes exit interviews to understand turnover trends and proactively implement retention strategies when applicable.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws.
- Develop, recommended and coordinate activities, functions or programs designed to increase employee retention and satisfaction.
- Supports and works with Talent Acquisition team as needed.
- Manages administrative functions of role relating to Workday, new hire paperwork and HR Doc Manager.