Under direct supervision, Technology Foundational Development Program (TFDP) role combines hands on IT experience with mentorship and an IT curriculum to prepare employees for a career in Software Development roles. Completes basic programming tasks including analysis, coding, configuring, testing, debugging, troubleshooting, documentation, application health monitoring/alerting, and implementation of programs. This job does not manage others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs system programming tasks of basic complexity that are often repeatable.
- Responsibilities include performing basic analysis, coding, testing, debugging, configuration, incident investigation, documentation, application health monitoring/alerting, and implementation of programs. Estimates work assignments at a basic level.
- Often requires significant guidance from more experienced team members or a manager.
- Assists in the identification of business requirements.
- Begins to develop basic business knowledge and terminology through daily work assignments.
- Applies knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional components of the TFDP role include:
- TFDP new hire orientation where employees will gain exposure to all IT lines of business within Travelers through lines of business overviews, networking with IT leadership, and networking with peers.
- Mentorship structure. IT Curriculum with specific coursework in IT in general and Travelers specific IT concepts that will set a foundation for a career in IT.
- Cohort group that meets quarterly to connect and share best practices and discuss hot topics.
- In addition to day to day management, employees will receive support from TFDP management.