Responsible for product life cycle management of personal lines products and for the development of drafting policy forms and contracts, manual rules, coverage analysis, and the tracking of new and existing state statutes and regulations that may impact the portfolio of personal lines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following is a summary of the essential functions of this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Work closely with Product Management, Claims, Underwriting and IT in the development of the product portfolio, and in the processes required to generate, file, and otherwise maintain the content of personal lines contracts
- Serve as a countrywide Subject Matter Expert (SME) pertaining to personal lines forms, rules, filing procedures, coverage issues, and regulatory compliance
- Conduct research and analysis on legal issues, competitor products, market needs, and emerging issues to make recommendations for changes or additions to personal lines products
- Develop contracts, policy forms, policyholder notifications, and rules as well as any supporting information for personal lines products
- Independently capture and classify product language to support rationalization for assigned lines of business
- Partner with Product Management, Claims, General Counsel Office, Underwriting, and other business stakeholders in the execution of the product rationalization and product configuration process
- Track, analyze and interpret laws and regulations relevant to property and casualty insurance for purposes of determining the impact to personal lines product
- Oversee the product life cycle to implement changes
- Interact with other key stakeholders with respect to product features and product development strategy as well as shared initiatives, shared compliance issues, and Marketing and IT support needs
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for other personal lines staff and for members of other Product Management teams
- Provide both internal and external training on personal lines product content