Under guided supervision, responsible for the more skilled auditing activities associated with performing regulatory, contractual, and operational audits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Staff Auditor I/II
- Perform internal (operational and contractual), MARS/SOX audits, reviews, validation, and compliance
- Participate in the review and evaluation of existing and proposed internal controls of manual and automated operations to safeguard company assets and to comply with government regulations
- Perform additional audit assignments as requested
- Work with external auditors, insurance examiners, and external auditors to answer questions and provide backup
- Ability to maintain and grow relationships with internal and external customers using effective communication and interaction skills
- Ability to multi- task while independently and effectively prioritizing work using time management, initiative, project management and problem solving skills
- Attend training and development seminars to enhance job performance
Sr. Staff Auditor
- All of the above and;
- Lead/assist with the more complex internal (operational and contractual), MARS/SOX audits, reviews, validation, and compliance
- Prepares auditing and operational analysis/results for inclusion in presentations to Senior Management and the Board of Directors (Audit Committee).
- Participates in the review and evaluation of existing and proposed internal controls of manual and automated operations to safeguard company assets and to comply with government regulations
- Reviews accounting/auditing issues and procedures and makes recommendations regarding the implementation of accounting policies
- Lead/assist with additional audit assignments as requested