The Black Car Fund provides workers’ compensation insurance, safety education and related benefits to drivers who operate in the state of New York and are affiliated with companies who are The Fund’s Member Bases.
The successful candidates will adjust workers’ compensation claims within designated limits of authority in accordance with New York State (and other state) guidelines.
Common responsibilities will include:
- Complete 3-point contacts, including recorded statements with claimants, within 24 hours of claim receipt
- Determine compensability within time period allowed by New York State and establish reserves based on company guidelines
- Correspond with interested parties, including claimants, attorneys, and subrogation staff and accurately document all such correspondence, whether verbal or written, within Riskmaster claims system
- Work with claims assistants and claims support staff
- Adjust claimant’s medical bills and indemnity payments in a timely fashion
- Produce reserve estimates and Plans of Action on each claim, documenting the logic used to make the calculation; revise estimates and Plans of Action as new information becomes known
- Provide testimony as necessary
- Negotiate Schedule Loss of Use (SLU) and Section 32 (final settlement) payments
- Attend internal and occasional external seminars and training programs
- Perform ad hoc projects as needed