How will you make an impact?
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon.
- Commitment to Safety, by following site safety procedures and utilizing safety equipment as required for daily tasks. Ability to document Near Miss reports, safety opportunities, accident reports, etc.
- Uses batch record instructions, job aids, standard operating procedures, and product specifications to execute production activities.
- Maintains accurate documentation, records and logs in accordance with FDA (Food and Drug Administration), GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices) and ISO9000 (International Organization for Standardization).
- Ability to perform minor troubleshooting and problem solving in areas of set-up of equipment and processes.
- Ability to follow testing and inspection procedures (i.e. visual inspections, in-process, final product attribute).
- Maintains a focus on continuous improvement – helping improve equipment maintenance, safety, efficiency and throughput.
- Ability to report damage to production areas and equipment, through work orders as needed.
- Ability to perform rework and re-packaging of materials as needed.
- Ability to perform specialized cleaning of manufacturing equipment in liquid and/or powder.
- Ability to perform specialized cleaning of manufacturing areas in liquid and/or powder areas.
- As needed, maintain the stocking levels for gowning, consumables, cleaning products, and other manufacturing supplies.
- Ability to work in teams to achieve operational goals while being engaged in the process.
- Makes effective decisions relative to position requirements and include Quality in those decisions.
- Communicating issues and concerns to supervisor or designee.
- Some overtime will be required with prior notice to support business needs. Emergency overtime may be required with little notice to ensure operational objectives.
- Powder Manufacturing [Dependent on skill specialization]
- Ability to set-up and operate semi-manual and manual powder processing and packaging equipment.
- Ability to load IBCs (Bins) with raw materials (ROHs) and gross weighings for IBCs (Bins).
- Ability to perform weighing processes in manual and automated powder packaging processes
- Ability to perform all aspects of powder packaging; including material handling, weighing the materials, setting-up of equipment, and operating the equipment (both manual and semi-automated processes).
- Liquid Manufacturing [Dependent on skill specialization]
- Ability to set-up and operate liquid compounding tanks, and perform liquid compounding processes.
- Ability to set-up, operate and perform the liquid manual and automated bottle filling and packaging equipment and processes.
- Ability to set-up and perform the liquid bag filling and packaging process.
- Ability to set-up and operate sterilization processes, including autoclave sterilization, filter sterilization and Steam-In-Place (SIP) processes.
- Ability to qualify in aseptic gowning techniques.
- Job Description does not include all the tasks assigned to the employee. This is a representation of the area of responsibility. Duties can be added, by Managers/Supervisors, based on operational needs.