KPMG is currently seeking an Associate for our SALT practice.
- Assist clients in tax planning for businesses, including identifying and developing tax savings opportunities (income/franchise, sales/use) that arise from legal entity changes and in designing specific plans to help a business address its state and local tax matters
- Analyze the state and local tax ramifications of various transactions, including mergers and acquisitions; or assisting clients with identifying and negotiating business incentives and credits available to an organization
- Assist multi-state companies with state and local tax issues including compliance, advising, planning, and controversies
- Help clients with tax issues related to income and franchise taxes, as well as sale, use and property taxes
- Prepare and/or review state income tax estimated payments, extensions and tax returns and assist in handling notices received from state tax authorities
- Research and draft technical memoranda related to compliance issues