POSITION: Senior Systems Engineer PM FPS
LOCATION: Fort Belvoir, VA
STATUS: FUNDED - Actively Interviewing
TRAVEL: Up to 25%
CLEARANCE: Active Secret Clearance required
BENEFITS: 401K, Life/Health/ Dental/Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Tuition Reimbursement.
DESCRIPTION: Patricio Enterprises (PE) is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to support the Project Manager Terrestrial Sensors (PM TS), Product Manager (PM) Force Protection System (FPS), Integrated Ground Security, Surveillance and Response Capability program. PM FPS develops, fields, and sustains force protection and physical security capabilities. PM FPS tactical programs and quick response capabilities enable rapid situational understanding and integrated operations for United States (US) Warfighters in the US Central Command (CENTCOM), Pacific Command (PACOM), Africa Command (AFRICOM), European Command (EUCOM) Areas of Responsibility (AORs) and other locations as required.
PRIMARY DUTIES WILL INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Support requirements/capabilities gap analysis, including providing input to user capability needs IAW the Joint Capabilities Integration Development System process (e.g., systems’ Capabilities Production Document), and translation of user capability needs/requirements into performance specifications for all program systems.
- Provide expertise for technical assessments regarding the technical performance and progress of the Program Offices’ systems, potential technologies to support user requirements, and technology alternatives/strategies and trade-offs.
- Provide expertise in the development of documents to include, but not limited to, Capabilities Development and Capability Production Documents.
- Assess and document Technology Readiness Levels for hardware and software, Engineering Change Proposals, Program Baselines, Engineering Risk Assessments, and Technical Manuals.
- Manage requirements and communicate system architectures by utilizing engineering and architecture tools, such as Rational, Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS), System Architect, MagicDraw and Visio.
- Recommend engineering solutions to reduce overall sustainment costs through cost benefit analysis.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- BS or higher in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 10 years relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of engineering and architecture tools such as Rational, Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System, Visio, System Architect (desired), MagicDraw (desired).
- Working knowledge of DoDAF artifacts.
- Experience working with software intensive, networked systems required such as Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data Systems (AFATDS), Tactical Common Operational Picture (COP) or Common Post of the Future (CPOF)
- Ability to research, analyze, and evaluate information.
- Ability to express ideas effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to work with large amounts of data.
- Knowledgeable in the DoD 5000 Framework.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office.
EOE. PROTECTED VETERANS/INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES. Patricio Enterprises Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law