If selected to move forward, you will be provided with a link to complete a full application within West Monroe's careers page. To be eligible for this position, please complete your application on West Monroe's careers page after applying on WayUp. Once completed, the West Monroe team will reach out directly with any potential next steps in your application process!
Ready for the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is seeking consulting interns for Summer 2021 in our *Technology Cloud and Infrastructure *(C&I) practice who like to solve big business problems through cutting-edge technologies (e.g. Cloud, Data Centers, Networking, etc.) to work with our clients and support their business needs. Consulting interns will work directly with clients in various industries as a member of a highly collaborative team of the best and brightest at West Monroe.
Interns in our Technology Cloud and Infrastructure practice have these primary responsibilities:
- Exposure to full lifecycle projects from requirements gathering through design, implementation, and rollout.
- Interact with key decision-makers (CEO, COO, CIO, VP’s, Directors, etc.) to drive client projects daily.
- Have the opportunity to learn about new industries, businesses, and technologies.
- Collaborate with our clients to solve problems through the analysis of existing systems and processes.
- Demonstrate flexibility to be creative and have an impact on designs with a “blank slate” development mentality within the general boundaries of clients’ expectations.
- Interns may have the opportunity to travel to client sites to perform their duties. (Airline and Hotel points!)
We are looking for someone that has a passion for or is interested in:
- Solving business problems through the latest technologies and best practices from strategy development through technical implementation
- Assessing current state client business processes, gathering and defining business and technological requirements, and developing new business capabilities, processes, and supporting technologies
- Evaluating, recommending, and implementing new business capabilities and technologies that enable and drive client performance
- Collaborating directly with clients and West Monroe’s project teams to implement processes and technology that support various technical and business functions
- Learning and participating in the business development and sales process by assisting with project proposals, presentations, and new client activities
- Taking entrepreneurial ownership of the practice by contributing to the development of approaches, methodologies, and solutions for client engagements
- Building and demonstrating knowledge and expertise in one or several of the following areas (if you don’t know these, we will teach you!):
- Operating Systems – Windows Server, Windows Workstation, Linux/Unix
- Core Infrastructure Services – Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, NPS, file and print, etc
- Enterprise Digital Workplace Systems – Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, and Azure AD
- Enterprise Virtualization Technology – VMware Server/ESX, Hyper-V, Citrix
- Enterprise Desktop Management, Monitoring, and Backup Solutions – Microsoft System Center, Microsoft Intune and Autopilot, PDQ Deploy and Inventory, MDT/WDS, and others
- Storage Architectures – Fiber Channel, iSCSI, and NFS SANs
- Cloud Technologies – Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure
- Firewalls – Cisco ASA, SonicWall, NetScreen, CheckPoint (along with associated configurations including ACLs, NAT, VPN Tunneling, etc.)
- Routing Protocols – BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, MPLS, etc.
- High Availability System Architecture - Clustering, Load Balancing, Failover, etc.
- Routing and Switching
- Security Solutions – Security Information & Event Monitoring (SIEM), Identity & Access Management, IDS/IPS, Data Loss Prevention, Digital Rights Management, Network Access Control, Payments Security Technologies
- System Migrations – discovering and assessing client environments, planning and executing user, data, and hardware migrations to and from both on-premises and cloud-hosted systems