We are looking for a VP of Public Relations & Communications to manage all media and industry analyst relations. The VP is responsible for cultivating and maintaining positive media coverage for our company. As part of the Marketing team, the VP will work with the CMO, executive, and business leaders to define and execute our overall public relations and communications strategy. The VP will be a key information source for all media contacts requesting data and insights, and will manage the development, implementation, and coordination of internal and external public relations strategies with the goal of gaining recognition in the market, promoting our services, and establishing our thought leadership throughout target industries.
The VP consults with marketing, sales, product development, legal, and human resources in order to project the corporate message to both external and internal mediums. This person will also interface with a public relations agency and act as the corporate spokesperson to the media, analysts and the general public at large. The person must be able to execute and use their best strategy solutions in this capacity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create a leadership position within an industry or category by establishing strong relationships with various industry leaders and leading industry publications across the ATM category
- Work closely with internal and external clients to develop creative and integrated programs to support product introduction, service offerings, new technology and thought leadership
- Manage all internal communications by working with various internal partners to ensure clear, concise, and regular colleague communication across various channels (including email, intranet, video and print) and multiple locations. Provide internal manager speaking notes and briefings to facilitate colleague communications throughout the orgzaniation
- Leverage social media to get out Company’s voice out, educate industry analysts on our value proposition, and lead grassroots PR
- Provide thought leadership around white papers and content generation as well as work with marketing writers and PR agencies to develop, solicit and place contributed articles, bylines, editorials and other key mentions
- Establish processes to generate steady volume of press releases and promote within the appropriate channels
- Serve as main information source for all media contacts requesting data and insights
- Arrange, facilitate and manage media and analyst briefings with key company spokespeople
- Establish us as a key technology player in both vertical and horizontal markets through media and analyst exposure
- Establish and assure adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements
- Regularly interact with executives and senior leadership on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers
- Microsoft Office
- ADP Self Service
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, REQUIREMENTS
- 10 years of strong public relations experience required, preferably in a business-to-business technology environment and including both public relations and industry analyst relations
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in marketing, public relations or communications required (MA optional)
- Experience managing internal communication team and working with various internal partners to ensure clear, concise, and regular colleague communication across various channels, including email, intranet, video, and print
- Significant experience in media relations and issues management, spokesperson training, strategic marketing alliances, special events, etc., plus strong journalistic writing skills required
- Success representing public relations on cross-functional teams developing strategies and tactics for integrated marketing plans required
- Experience working with industry analysts to facilitate briefings and educational events required
- Experience "translating" technology for varying audiences required
- Minimum of three years’ experience managing a Public Relations agency preferred
- Demonstrated analytical and conceptual problem-solving ability; oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills required
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products required
- Must be able to successfully pass all applicable background screening tests.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral.