- Assists in production tests and troubleshooting of electro-mechanical equipment.
- Document build process and generate production manufacturing/assembly documentation.
- Reviews project instructions and blueprints to ascertain test specifications, procedures, objectives, test equipment, nature of technical problem, and possible solutions, such as part redesign, substitution of material or parts, or rearrangement of parts or sub-assemblies.
- Devises, fabricates, and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies for products, such as industrial equipment and machinery, machine tools, and measuring instruments.
- Sets up and conducts tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate design proposals for improving equipment performance or other factors, or to obtain data for development, standardization, and quality control.
- Records test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test method.
- May test and inspect machines and equipment in manufacturing departments, work with engineers to eliminate production problems.
- May prepare layouts and drawings of the assembly process and of parts to be manufactured.
- Strong skills using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel required
- Skills using Microsoft Navision Dynamics, LabView, SolidWorks, or Altium a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with coworkers, customers, and vendors both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of Automation of machinery/processes a plus
- Knowledge of Lean principles and practices a plus
- Strong desire to learn and be a problem solver
- Skills in identifying and resolving customer and vendor problems
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to organize daily activities of self and others
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma, GED or Similar
- 2-5 years’ experience in engineering or production environment
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Normal working conditions absent extreme factors
- Must be able to see well enough to read reports, send emails, etc.
- Must be able to hear and speak well enough to communicate with customers and vendors
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs periodically
- Quartzdyne offers a rich benefits package that includes
- Competitive base salaries
- Employer paid STD and LTD
- 2X your annual salary of employer paid life insurance. (Can elect more employee paid life insurance.)
- Generous 401(k) match
- Generous profit sharing bonus program
- 4 weeks of PTO to start
- 11 paid holidays
- HSA Funding
- Generous tuition reimbursement program