Under the direct supervision of a licensed PT/PTA or OT/OTA, the technician will provide limited assistance to therapists with patient activities consistent with the scope of the Missouri Physical Therapy Practice Act. This position is responsible for supporting the mission, vision and values of SERC Physical and Hand Therapy.
QUALIFICATIONS - REQUIRED:
Education - High School Diploma/equivalent
- Ability to communicate effectively, knowledge of physical therapy equipment and care, ability to follow written and oral instruction, ability to assist and prepare patients for treatment with various therapy exercises and equipment.
- Works in a clinical setting.
- Monday through Friday during normal business hours.
- May be required to attend special events some evenings and weekends, and work overtime as requested.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS - THIS POSITION REQUIRES MODERATE PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND IS CLINIC-BASED.
- May be required to frequently kneel, crouch, lift, or stand for long periods.
- May be required to move (with assistance as necessary) heavy equipment.
Experience - Experience preferably in a medical office setting.
- PATIENT CARE ACTIVITIES - Under the direct supervision of a licensed PT/PTA or OT/OTA, the technician will provide limited assistance to therapists with patient activities consistent with the scope of the Missouri Physical Therapy Practice Act.
- CLINICAL DUTIES - Laundry-wash, dry, and fold, clean tables in between patient use, stocking carts with towels, pillowcases, etc.; cleaning of the exercise equipment at least once a day and more frequently as warranted, assisting with the tidiness of the clinic as needed to include emptying trash, vacuuming, straightening up the waiting room and other duties as deemed necessary.
- OFFICE DUTIES - Answering phones/how to operate the phones, how to take a referral, how to schedule patients including documenting cxl, NS and R/S of patients, how to take a co-pay/patient supply order, where to locate a supply for the clinic or for patient purchase, how to locate charts in the chart drawer, where necessary paper work is located, how to make up a new chart, how to use copiers/fax machine, how to administer initial evaluation paperwork and other tasks deemed necessary.
UPSTREAM REHABILITATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.