Trex Company, the world’s number one decking and railing brand, and leader in high-performance, low-maintenance outdoor living products, is seeking a Site Buyer to provide operational and tactical purchasing functions for the Strategic Sourcing and Procurement department at manufacturing site locations.
Help us deliver what’s next in outdoor living by facilitating the timely purchase of supplies and services for all areas of operations.
As our next Site Buyer, you are skilled at driving process improvements and efficiencies in procurement. You have strong communication and collaboration skills, and are able to work independently and prioritize demands. You will serve as primary contact between the site team and the supplier base in order to evaluate suppliers, consolidate orders, and negotiate prices and terms.
Talented employees are just one of Trex Company’s trademarks. This is your chance to work for a company consistently awarded recognition for market leadership and innovation. Trex outdoor living products offer significant design flexibility with fewer ongoing maintenance requirements than wood, as well as a truly environmentally responsible choice. Trex decking products contain 95 percent recycled content and we are one of the largest plastic scrap recyclers in the U.S. Our organization kept more than 600 million pounds of plastic and wood scrap out of landfills last year alone.
Besides working for the company known for its recycling heritage and as a creator of amazing outdoor living spaces, Trex employees enjoy an industry-leading compensation and benefits package, bonuses and incentive programs, tuition assistance, a six percent 401(k) match, and more: trex.com/careers.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process purchase requisitions into purchase orders in support of site operations. Ensure purchase requisitions are accurate, are accompanied by appropriate quotations and approved vendors are used.
- Ensure purchase orders comply with company policy and procedures and appropriate payment methods. Prepare month-end reports as required.
- Maintain site purchase card and prepares monthly purchase card package for approval.
- Ensure purchases are made in accordance with all contracts; obtains quotes from approved vendors for non-standard items; collaborates with manufacturing site team and corporate Strategic Sourcing and Procurement on new procurement opportunities, RFQs and cost savings initiatives.
- Serve as a primary contact between the site team and the supplier base in order to expedite orders efficiently. Evaluate suppliers, consolidates orders, and negotiates prices and terms.
- Develop best-in-class procure-to-pay process through implementation of supplier catalogs and other tools.
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement; collaborate with site team to implement solutions that improve efficiency.
- Zero-to-two years’ relevant experience with bachelor’s degree or six-plus years’ relevant experience in lieu of degree. Manufacturing industry experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of purchasing practices, principles and procedures; negotiation experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize demands from internal customers, some of which may be offsite; ability to effectively collaborate with different operational groups within a manufacturing site and at a corporate level.
- ERP experience required (preferably JDE); working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.