Responsible for the review and preparation of AR adjustments related to bad debt, write-offs, discount exceptions and postage. Provides support for high volume more complex customers with specialized remittance and application requirements. Provides support for quarterly audit sampling; pulls selection sample for completed adjustments/write offs to ensure all meet compliance requirements. Support AR Reporting team by maintaining internal controls, corporate accounting policies, and departmental procedures for accounts receivable and various financial reporting.
- Prepares daily adjustments related to bad debt, write-offs, discount exceptions and BCS postage. Reviews, prepares and submits adjustments via workflow solution and ensures all support is included and within compliance guidelines.
- Monitors and supports AR adjustments, mis-directed transfers in Foundation for various Canadian Business Units. Acts as subject matter expert for offshore resources that support Canadian processing.
- Scans incoming AR payments into lockbox and ensures account distribution is included and/or researched to ensure accurate and timely application.
- Provides support to specialized customers such as UHG, 3M and Phizer where higher level expertise is required based on remittance and application needs.
- Provides support for quarterly audit sampling; pulls selection sample for completed adjustments/write offs to ensure all meet compliance requirements
- Provide cross functional support in the preparation of DSO, Aging, and Reserve Calculations used by the Divisions for HFM reporting.
- Assist with all acquisition and integration efforts related to AR processes and systems
- Performs other related duties and participates on teams and in special projects as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- 1 year administrative and/or customer service experience
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understands receivables, accounting and cash application technology
- Support AR operations and Credit and Collections team with credit reduction activities to reduce aging.