KIRK RD - Operate CTP equipment to expose sensitized metal plate from digital files to produce offset printing plates. Review images produced on plate for defects or errors that will manifest during the printing process. Maintain production documentation. Replenish chemical solutions in automatic plate processors and perform routine light maintenance on equipment. Maintain file system. Operate Epson proofers to create contract proofs for customer sign off.
This position is available on 2ND SHIFT.
RR Donnelley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The company's policy is to select, place and deal with all its employees without discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, protected Veteran status, genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Reads press schedule, job ticket, look at VPS and all other furnished specifications in detail to determine order in which jobs are plated and what size plate is used, questions all discrepancies or oddities in instructions.
- If job is an exact repeat, compares plates to sample and/or OIS sheet to confirm plate codes are correct and correct plates are being sent to press.
- Verifies all job information to ensure that correct plates are being used; checks plates for quality and repairs any flaws.
- Need to be able to create and correct electronic layouts.
- Responsible to produce quality desktop jobs, with little to no supervision.
- Must have basic to advance skills in desktop applications.
- Verifies all job information to ensure that correct proofs are being made;checks proofs for quality and report any problems.
- Can fix and or troubleshoot desktop jobs.
- Fill out proof tags and affix to proofs.
- Keeps supervisor informed of any problems, i.e. supplies, equipment, etc.
- Receives and stores platemaking materials.
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness and housekeeping of the work area.
- Cleans processor and inspects plates according to ISO procedure.
- Handles plates with care.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out-tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- It is the responsibility of all employees to follow the requirements of their documented processes as defined in the ISO Quality Manual.
- Must be able to lift, pull and push up to 60 lbs. frequently.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, twist and turn frequently.
- Two handed operation required; must have good hand-eye coordination.
- Required to stand and move about the facility constantly.
- Ability to communicate in English, read, write and understand and to effectively use in proper format, punctuation, spelling and grammar,using all parts of speech.
- Safety shoes required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as work instructions, safety rules, instructions in the use and maintenance of shop tools and equipment, SOPs, time sheets, daily production reports, dockets, job tickets, etc.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic procedures in standard practice practical applications, read and use a ruler
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends or overtime as needed
- Previous experience in a prepress, plating, proofing or digital printing environment required
- Computer experience required