- Assist members of the Engineering team by providing Engineering support to existing products. This may involve generating ideas on product improvements and cost-savings related activities.
- Under the supervision of Engineers, assist in new product development activities including concept design, building and testing prototypes, creating drawings and participating in design reviews.
- Assist with the development of engineering documentation including drawings, test requests and engineering change notices.
- Assist in the investigation and analysis of materials, processes, and engineering computations, in support of engineering designs.
- Perform engineering analytical calculations to support design ideas or improvements to current products as directed by members of the Engineering team.
- Performs or assist with product testing.
- Interact with members of the Product Management team from the Marketing side of the business to learn how the product ideas and improvements are driven by input from Customers.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
- Complete all required training applicable to assigned position
- Exhibit positivity, flexibility, creativity, and a willingness to take on new responsibilities as requested or required.
- Currently enrolled Sophomore or higher undergraduate student.
- Degree focus in Engineering or closely-related field.
- Able to work consecutive school semesters, strongly preferred.
- Prior internship experience strongly preferred.
- Strong computer skills with a high-level proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Exposure to Solidworks modeling software is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate with engineers, technical specialists, and associates without a technical background.
- Self-starter with ability to work alone on projects or as part of team.
- Demonstrated ability to structure and manage a task/project from start to finish.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer –M/F/Disabled/Vet