The SHIPPING COORDINATOR under limited supervision, responsible for outgoing order processing and documentation, including generating delivery/shipping documents, gathering equipment, loading trailers and assembling and packing components. Liaise with internal and external transport companies/departments for timely outgoing shipments. Ensure prompt and accurate declaration of permits and prompt delivery and clearance of shipments. Investigate and action all non-conformance and recommend corrective actions.
THIS POSITION IS IN A SHOP ENVIRONMENT, EMPLOYEES WILL BE EXPOSED TO ALL WEATHER CONDITIONS, INCLUDING EXTREME HEAT AND EXTREME COLD.
Rotating shifts 7 – 7 and every other weekend.
- Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures
- Ability to operate forklift safely
- Leading, guiding, and training of shipping and receiving personnel performing related work.
- Verifying accuracy of shipments and ensuring items are sent in the most cost effective manner.
- Tracing lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments.
- Must be able to read/write and speak English fluently.
- NO VISA SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year previous experience
- Ability to interact politely and professionally with customers and/or coworkers
- Intermediate verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate organization and time management skills
- Intermediate computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office applications, internet and email