Performs machine operations in a safe and efficient manner to support the production of quality products. The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
- Operates continuous straightening machine.
- Sets and adjusts equipment.
- Rolls and guides steel rods for correct angle and height based on various sizes and lengths of rods.
- Monitors operation of equipment and inspects condition of rods for straightness, surface condition, diameter and length.
- Arranges rods on feed-table and ensures rods are straight in the cradle.
- Replaces tags on bundles as required.
- Monitors equipment for proper lubrication.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of improvement processes and actively contributes to the UPCO continuous improvement culture.
- Develops a strong network within the department; draws on network to answer questions, solve problems, and successfully execute responsibilities.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Other duties as required.
Competencies, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Strong verbal communication skills, including the ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Good math and analytical skills.
Three (3) months industry or manufacturing experience.