Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation, utilizing knowledge in engineering field. Plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards.
- Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Establishes program to evaluate analytical testing, equipment, facilities, precision measurements, accuracy measurements, and performance testing.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material, and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
- Processes Material Review Authorizations (MRAs) in a timely manner. Works in conjunction with engineering and manufacturing to determine root cause and facilitate information back to production.
- Directs workers engaged in measuring, testing, and tabulating data concerning quality and reliability.
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
- Specializes in areas of quality control engineering, such as design, incoming material, process control, product evaluation, systems performance, hardware performance, product reliability, inventory control, automated testing, software, research and development, and administrative application.
- Recommends revisions and updates for standard operating procedures and work instructions as needed.
- Develops quality control and inspection test plans as required.
- Works closely with design engineering to design and fabricate test fixtures. Verifies proper operation of test fixtures.
- Determines necessary test requirements on final units. Coordinates testing requirements on electrical control panels. Coordinates testing requirements with design engineering.
- Writes detailed test procedures and work instructions to be followed for testing and maintains procedures in an accurate manner.
- Develops software for test systems. Responsible for documentation of software and revision control. Conducts training for Test Technicians in the proper use of test systems.
- Assists with the justification of new testing methods and equipment. Evaluates new technology for possible utilization in the test program.
- B.S. degree in appropriate science or engineering.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, problem solving and corrective action implementation, and statistical analysis techniques preferred.