KIRK RD - The Bindery Operator operates the various pieces of digital equipment using job specifications to perform the full range of standard and specialized folding, collating, and cutting of printed materials to complete a finished product.
THIS POSITION IS AVAILABLE ON NIGHTS - 4 CREW.
- Ensures that production goals are met.
- Troubleshoots problems to maintain quality standards and to keep line equipment in running condition.
- Examines product frequently to ensure that it meets customer quality specifications.
- Pulls and inspects hourly run samples and notifies the Supervisor in the event quality standards are not being met.
- Cleans, lubricates and maintains assigned machine to ensure its optimum operations.
- May provide training for new team members.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out-tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
RR Donnelley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The company's policy is to select, place and deal with all its employees without discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, protected Veteran status, genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to make and read measurements.
- Ability to read, understand and carry out written instructions.
- Ability to understand verbal instructions.
- Standing 100% of the entire time.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs occasionally, 35 lbs. frequently.
- Grasping with both hands for long periods of time.
- Continuous eye concentration
- High School/GED and/or equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 2 years previous experience setting up and running cutting and folding machines.
- Previous experience in the operation of a bindery machine or work in a printing environment