PRECISION DIALOGUE DIRECT, an RR Donnelley company focuses on maximizing the impact of print to capture customers attention.
PDD, drives responses with High Performance Direct Mail Strategies. With unparalleled depth in print marketing, we’ve developed breakthrough production efficiencies, automated processing and customization technology. Our expertise and scale allow us to effectively communicate with impact to an audience of any size.
- Variable Print: Fully-customized text, imagery and offers to target individual customers or test new options
- Format Library: Pre-designed templates for fast turnaround or custom-tailored options
- Finishing Services: Inserting, affixing, assembly and bindery services, die-cutting, kitting and fulfillment
- Direct Mail: On-site units of the United States Postal Service (USPS) to ensure fast, efficient delivery times
At RRD Marketing Solutions Chicago seeks a Customer Service professional to direct and monitor activities of production department(s) in producing finished products to meet customer specifications and mail dates.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Coordinates all administrative functions associated with a given account or group of accounts; follow-up with Sales Representative and client throughout the movement of a job.
- Receives customer requests, orders, instructions, and correspondence.
- Facilitates estimate process when client requests quotation or pricing in advance of issuing a purchase order.
- Initiates customer purchase order process when required. Tracks blanket purchase orders and advance postage monies for clients with more than one job.
- Creates or converts work orders in computer system; to include all project specifications and production instructions for the job.
- Schedules and monitors activities to ensure production and quality of products meet client specifications and timelines.
- Coordinates materials, proofs, and information requests with the customer.
- Initiates work order as required by production departments, and maintains job related correspondence and instructions, including internal paperwork, quote, or letter of instruction, samples, files, purchase order, delivery receipts, bill of ladings, etc.
- Offers guidance to the customer when necessary; provides technical assistance in setting up the job in order to meet production timelines and mail dates, inventory and any other support.
- Manages customer inventory; assigns inventory codes, verifies counts and issues material as needed for the job; coordinates excess materials after the job is done.
- Calculates and facilitates advance postage monies for the job.
- Monitors and reports potential obstacles to department heads to circumvent delays in production or mail date.
- Facilitates the billing process by updating the work order with accurate accounting of production processes, and organizes all supporting documentation as final check for completion.
- Serves as an intermediary between the client and Precision Dialogue Direct for all other issues. Works with sales and/or management in providing necessary support.
RRD IS AN EEO/AA INCLUDING VETS AND DISABLED EMPLOYER
- College degree preferred but not necessary
- 3+ years of prior Customer Service experience in the ‘PRINTING’ and/or ‘DIRECT MAIL’ industry required with focus on Digital Print.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple accounts effectively
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, able to prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Professional demeanor and able to interact with all levels of employees and management
- Good problem solving and time management skills
- Strong technical skills to include MS office products
- Able to work overtime as needed.
- Knowledge of pre-press concepts such as imposition, color separation and management, preflight, and pdf workflow
- Layout design experience
- Preferred experience in Excel, Acrobat, InDesign, Word, PowerPoint, Photoshop, and QuarkPress.