_PACIFIC STANDARD PRINT, AN RRD COMPANY IS SEEKING TWO POSITIONS AS MAIL SERVICES SPECIALIST (INSERTER AND INKJET OPERATOR)- 1ST SHIFT & 2ND SHIFT - TO JOIN THEIR MAILING DEPARTMENT. _
Under the general direction and oversight of the manager, performs the duties of print, mail and inserting operations at a basic level consisting of printing, quality control checking, and the processing of machine insert-able mail.
- As Print Mail Operator the individual applies knowledge of printing and inserting of mailing equipment, software and integrated systems to process computer output on the printers automated inserting/mailing equipment and prepares outgoing mail in the form of letters and Every Door Direct Mail Postcards based on known priorities.
- They work alone and independently, but under the virtual supervision of the manager. H
- as a basic understanding of the primary functions of the Print Mail operations.
- Assumes responsibility for setting up, trouble shooting production, quality Utilizes software that controls the flow of production output to the printer. Prioritizes workflow in the effort to meet production goals. Performs quality assurance verification, sorting, and packaging of printed output for distribution.
- Is responsible for inserting documents, and letters along with the appropriate flyers, brochures and illustrations for prescribed mailers.
- Assembles complete, quality mailings per the direction of data personnel.
- Observes the reaction of the system and makes the necessary adjustments to assure the equipment is running smoothly and correctly as errors in set-up or operation could result in damage to the system, possible operator injury and/or expenses to reproduce the mailing.
- Performs daily equipment maintenance including general housekeeping and performing minor repairs.
- Consistently monitors the operations performance and reviews random samples of production to ensure quality and accuracy.
OTHER TASKS AS REQUIRED
- Sets a positive tone through work engagement and team spirit.
- Shares ideas and offers process improvement opportunities. Documents mail production hours for each mailer.
- Escalates concerns to management as needed.
- Provides responses to scheduling inquiries. Stages and monitors consumable related inventory.
- Submits requests for ordering consumables to manager. Performs other related duties, administrative functions, assignments or special projects as directed by the management.
RRD IS AN EEO/AA INCLUDING VETS AND DISABLED EMPLOYER
- Three (3) + years of experience operating and setting up Mailroom equipment (Stamp, Tab. Inserting, Match Mail, Ink Jet etc.)
- Experience working in mailroom or print production setting, High school degree or equivalent.
- Aptitude to quickly learn and operate printing and automated inserting equipment.
- Basic PC skills is essential. Good communication, organizational skills with the ability to work within deadlines with accuracy and efficiency.
- Work well independently following written directions.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, stand for long periods of time, and be able to reach, bend and turn repetitively.
- Inserting & Match Mail experience is preferred.