Maintenance Technicians will be responsible for insuring that plant equipment is running and repaired as required for production.
- Maintenance Technician will perform preventive maintenance as required
- Clean and organize area, keep area free of clutter and safety hazards – 6S
- Be capable of troubleshooting and repair of mechanical breakdowns of equipment using PC/PLC ladder logic
- Be skilled in troubleshooting and repair of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Be capable of welding and steel fabrication
- Assist as required and basic electrical repair as assigned
- Adhere to all safety requirements i.e. lockout procedures, confined space, etc.
- Process hourly/daily paperwork as required
- Trouble shoot and repair all types of control circuits
- Run conduit and pull wire to install or move equipment
- Repair electrical components where applicable
- Repair plant power distribution system
- Remove and install motors
- Maintain in good working order all floor scrubbers and related equipment
- Keep updated documentation as required on all shop machinery
- Any other General Maintenance related activities as required, pertaining to building and facilities
- Carpentry, plumbing and painting
- Fire extinguisher inspections as required
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
Associates Degree in a related technical field or High School diploma or equivalent with at least 2 years manufacturing experience At least 8000 documented hours working in the trade or certified journeyman’s card
- Maintenance Technician must have the ability to manipulate and modify robot programs. Fanuc, ABB, Motoman preferred
- Experience with mechanical presses up to 2000 tons
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi task and prioritize
- Excellent problem solving skills such as 8D and 5 Whys
- Excellent communication skills as evidenced in colleague relations, team skills, and have the -ability to interface directly with the customer to resolve issues
- Ability to work independently, self-starter with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Maintenance Technician with experience with Robotic Welding a plus
- While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, product, or equipment.
- The colleague is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The colleague is frequently required to reach with hands and arms in repairing fixing, welding, or conducting inspection.
- The colleague is required to frequently bend, stoop and kneel.
- The colleague must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
While performing the duties of this job, the colleague regularly works near moving equipment. The noise level in the work environment is very loud.