The purpose of this job description is to describe the authority, responsibilities, and duties of the Senior Copywriter in Creative Services.
The Senior Copywriter is selected and placed into the position by the Managing Director, Creative Services and the Group Creative Director. This position works under General Direction, providing overview of end result; work is completed unsupervised. Incumbent uses independent judgment and discretion to accomplish tasks. Has considerable latitude of discretion and judgment within scope of position. Develops solutions to complex problems.
To successfully create high-quality and effective advertising for agency clients. The Senior Copywriter is a skilled at creative writing, working in tandem with a team members to transform compelling and imaginative concepts into visual reality.
- Develop and maintain client brand guidelines and copy standards
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Search for and recommend music and voice talent options for broadcast projects
- Attend shoots, as needed
- Sit in on VO recordings & video edits
- Assist with producing TV, radio, video and content
- Assist with directing copywriters in the transformation of concepts to executable files
- Learn and maintain current knowledge of social platform specs/capabilities
- Produce conceptual work for clients, both creatively as well as effectively, in multiple media types including, but not limited to, television, radio, print, digital, social, mobile, web, outdoor, and collateral.
- Help the agency win new business through bold, innovative work.
- Maintain best practices for file and server management, including the consistent application of naming conventions, file/folder organization, versioning control, script details, and more.
- Deliver grammatically clean and effective copy
- Gain all necessary approvals to move projects forward
- Process information supplied by clients and Account Services to create effective copy
- Proofread all communications developed by the creative team and ensure information accuracy.
- Help the agency develop strong and positive relationships in the advertising and marketing community to aid in the recruitment of top talent
- Possess a positive attitude when working with colleagues, associates, and clients. Be solutions-oriented, and supportive in finding solutions to unexpected challenges
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required and/or 4+ years professional experience. At least 2 of those years working at an advertising agency. Previous experience working in a high volume environment, a plus.
- Previous TV/Radio/Video production experience
- Previous experience writing for digital formats.
- Creative writing samples that demonstrate originality, innovation, problem-solving, personal expression, and results-oriented copy.
- Creative writing samples for all social platforms
- Previous experience writing TV/Radio/Video scripts
- Knowledge of writing specs needed for all social platforms
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Suite and Mac Suite
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, utilize resources, identify and address problems, meet deadlines, and stay within budget.
- Strong interpersonal skills; a team player, positive and innovative thinker.
- Highly motivated and a high level of initiative; ability to work independently, in support of the agency’s creative goals and the client’s business objectives.
The responsibilities are many, various, and not limited to those written in this document.