The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day administration of marketing, public relations and advertising initiatives for Zimmerman Advertising. This position works under general supervision with the manager providing limited hands-on guidance and leadership. Incumbent makes decisions within scope of current policies/procedures. Work is reviewed by supervisor for soundness of overall accuracy and adequacy. Develops solutions to moderately complex problems. Approval necessary when deviating from standard and routine practices or procedures.
- Assist in developing a contact strategy to aggressively stay on the radar of new business prospects, including the creation and updating of a company “wish list” to be contacted. Also follow these companies’ activities in order to know when there’s any chance of business opportunity, for example when there’s a change of CEO or Marketing Director, mergers, etc.
- Assist in carrying on the scheduled contact plan for search consultants. It is critical to stay in permanent contact with all major national consultants on a regular basis. The purpose of this is to form critical relationships with influencers who drive consideration in new business pitches.
- Manage and assist in the creation of materials (content and form) to send periodically to the agency’s “wish list” and the consultants list (a.i. agency blog)
- Manage new business research tools that give access to information from thousands of companies in real time. These tools usually provided through on-line services like “Access Confidential,” and Mintel enables us to approach the right prospects at the right time.
- Assist in all research related to new business, including but not limited to: putting together 101 documents, doing competitive brand audits (traveling or not), visits to client and competitors’ locations, “working undercover,” interviewing and filming customers (undercover or not)
- Monitor and report competitive actions and/or initiatives (from other agencies).
- Assist in preparation and delivery of presentations including printing copies, binding, finding the graphics to illustrate, proofing, finding and getting materials for presentation, etc.
- Operate JMS to open jobs and follow up with traffic to brief and guide the creative department for all new business and agency related projects.
- Manage and update the Omnicom DAS Global agency network, which allows all Omnicom’s companies access to powerful new business tools.
- Assist the VP of Marketing and the CMO in all administrative areas, including travel arrangements, expense reports, scheduling meetings, calendar management, filing, setting up conference rooms before meetings, etc.
- Manage the annual schedule for awards in the advertising industry and coordinate submission of entries to different national competitions when needed.
- Assist in ensuring that the agency’s brand image is properly reflected and consistent in all communications (i.e. agency’s website, signage, PR, etc.)
- Assist in constantly updating and distribute agency materials like the “agency credentials,” or re-print articles to sell and position the agency at the highest possible level.
- Assist in the creation of promotional materials in order to elevate agency’s brand awareness (i.e. t-shirts, pens, note books, mugs, etc.)
- Assist in the management and update of the Zimmerman website.
- Monitor production timetables related to new business and agency materials.
- Assure that proprietary and other sensitive information is handled with utmost confidentiality
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or relevant, equivalent experience.
- College internship with exposure to account services or marketing highly preferred.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook/Entourage with the ability to learn new computer systems.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks while working independently
- Strong attention to detail
- A strong sense of urgency and commitment to get the job done quickly and with high quality
- The ability to communicate, both written and verbal, with people at all levels of an organization