Coordinate Nissan’s media planning efforts within the assigned Nissan region in conjunction with Sr. Media Planner/Media Supervisor, Associate Media Director and Account Director. Media Planner must effectively interact with Nissan Regional marketing staff, internal regional account team and media strategy team. This position reports directly to the Regional Account Director with supervision from the Sr. Media Planner and Associate Media Director. This position works under general supervision with the manager providing limited hands-on guidance and leadership. Incumbent makes decisions within scope of current policies/procedures. Work is reviewed by supervisor for soundness of overall accuracy and adequacy. Develops solutions to moderately complex problems. Approval necessary when deviating from standard and routine practices or procedures.
- Work with Media Supervisor in the development and implementation of media campaigns including most or all of the following: National & local broadcast television (including cable), local radio, outdoor, local print & digital.
- Work as part of a media planning team, applying media solutions to overall client objectives.
- Work with internal digital media team to integrate interactive objectives and strategies into overall plans.
- As directed and overseen by the Media Supervisor, develop and present recommendations, evaluations, POVs and media analyses to Account Management and ultimately clients.
- Organize, implement and control the day-to-day media planning development process including coordination among assistants.
- Complete assigned areas of the annual media plan(s).
- Coordinate projects and media requests with Account Management and assigned client contacts to determine specific advertising needs, communicating deadlines to Media Supervisor.
- Monitor media campaigns with Media Supervisor and when needed, have campaign performance meetings internally and/or with client.
- Work with the buying team, providing buying specifications, monitor development and review media buys and post-buy analyses.
- Maintain media estimate process in conjunction with Sr Media Planner/Media Supervisor.
- Maintain media reporting needs for assigned region.
- Coordinate with the Buying and Account Management teams on understanding of current marketplace conditions, competitive spending or potential media
- A four year college degree or equivalent. Advertising/Marketing major/concentration a plus.
- Demonstrated presentation and writing skills.
- Experience managing and coordinating inter-departmental efforts.
- MS Office: Internet Explorer, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience or familiarity using industry media planning tools: MRI Research, TNS, DDS/Strata/DataTech, etc. a plus.
- Experience in retail desirable but not required.
- Understanding of Interactive advertising preferred but not required.