The purpose of this job description is to describe the authority, responsibilities, and duties of an Assistant Media Planner.
This position reports directly to a Planner and/or Media Supervisor, secondly to Assistant Media Director (AMD) or Group Media Director (GMD) and VP Planning. The Assistant Media Planner is responsible for the completion of assigned media projects related to all media planning activities. This position works under general supervision with the manager providing limited hands-on guidance and leadership. Incumbent makes decisions within scope of current policies/procedures. Work is reviewed by supervisor for soundness of overall accuracy and adequacy. Develops solutions to moderately complex problems. Approval necessary when deviating from standard and routine practices or procedures.
The Assistant Media Planner is responsible for providing administrative and analytical support in the timely development of media plan documents including but not limited to; Media Plans, Point-of-Views (POVs), and related media analyses for the clients assigned. The responsibilities are many, varied and not limited to those written in this document
- As assigned, support the development and implementation of national, regional and local traditional media campaigns that could include most or all of the following;
- National and local broadcast television in traditional and direct response formats
- National and Local cable television
- National and Local radio
- Outdoor advertising
- National and Local newspaper and magazine (offline & online)
- Couponing via FSI, shared and direct mail alternatives
- Local events ideation and implementation, i.e., local guerilla marketing
- As directed and overseen by Planner and/or Media Supervisor, assist in the preparation of recommendations, POVs and select analyses
- Utilize available traditional media planning tools (TNS, Scarborough, Media Monitors, Nielsen, Arbitron, Tactician, and Simmons), other industry research and clients’ historical media activity reports to develop supporting analyses necessitated for media plan(s) and POVs and other related media projects.
- Assist in the monitoring and preparation of periodic media campaign reviews
- Review media buys and post-buy analyses to insure that each is in conformity with media plans and guidelines
- Work with Buying to compiling estimate packages and to manage evaluation process, ensuring that the package is efficient before client presentation
- Issue insertion orders for all print/OOH/internet planned for each market
- Ongoing, coordinate with the Buying and Account Service teams addressing but not limited to;
- Competitive spending,
- Media and Promotional Opportunities
- Invoice Approval and Billing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Advertising/Communications, or closely related field
- Internship in a full service agency preferred
- Effective writing skills
- MS Office: Internet Explorer, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Presentation skills and experience are highly desirable
- Familiarity with one or more of the following media planning tools is desirable: TNS, Scarborough, Media Monitors, Nielsen, Arbitron, Tactician, and Simmons
- Experience or related intern assignments in retail, restaurant, franchisee operations or Interactive advertising is highly desirable
- Employed at or intern role at full service agency is highly desirable
The responsibilities are many, various, and not limited to those written in this document