Marquee Sports Network will be the Chicago-region’s exclusive network for fans to view live Cubs games beginning with the 2020 Major League Baseball season and will also feature exclusive Cubs content and other local sports programming. In partnership with Sinclair Broadcast Group, we bring together one of the most iconic sports franchises in the country with one of the largest television broadcasting companies. Go Cubs! Play ball!
We are looking for dynamic Account Executives for this exclusive Cubs cable network. Be one of the first hires and score on this opportunity to sell everything Cubs.
The Account Executive will be responsible for growing existing business with a heavy emphasize on new business development. The Account Executive will be expected to identify key business decision makers on all accounts and establish meaningful relationships with all levels at the agency as well as with the clients. The Account Executive will be responsible for developing targeted sales presentations, making sales calls to decision makers and effectively increasing our share of budgets. The Account Executive must be able to develop an action plan for each account and develop marketing solutions tailored to the ends of each account.
- Prepare for and schedule frequent sales calls to existing and new business targets including agency buyers, planners and client marketing and media executives as part of the sales process and development of relationships client entertainment with key decision makers on a regular basis.
- Grow revenue from accounts and successfully close new business.
- Generate sales revenues that strategically utilizes all available assets.
- Maintain and steward all aspects of existing business by communication with the buyers and planners and sales assistant on team.
- Ensure that the schedule runs correctly and maintain positive relationships with client(s) to encourage repeat business.
- Develop customized sales presentation to meet the needs of the clients based upon extensive research of clients’ business needs and priorities.
- Maintain a strong awareness of the marketplace with particular emphasis on the local Chicago sports market, including competitive entities (RSN’s, sports radio ,etc)
- Maintain a strong awareness of industry trends and technological advances and how they relate to potential new revenue streams, including but not limited to digital, virtual, gaming and wagering opportunities.
OTHER DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Responsible for development of sports sales presentations.
- Make recommendations on negotiation of media plans with agencies.
- Make recommendations on maximizing revenue of assigned account list.
- Provide sales presentations both to individuals and groups in order to present the value of the Cubs franchise
- Weekly sales call report to track progress.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Must have at least 5+ years of selling experience at a sports media company and or network, plus a strong overall knowledge of the Chicago area
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) as well as the ability to be a self-starter, working self-sufficiently and being accountable for all assigned list of accounts is necessary.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop and maintain strong business relationships.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word is required.
- Must exhibit good organizational and project management skills.
- The ability to multitask and work efficiently in a high-pressure environment is also required, as is the ability to be a team player and stay dedicated to achieving results for the good of the organization.
- Root for the Cubs!
Marquee Sports Network is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace!