Make your mark in the broadcast and digital media landscape!
Sinclair Digital is transforming how local news and television is produced, distributed, and consumed. We are the digital innovation team for the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, with affiliations to all major networks and more local television stations than anyone else. Sinclair Digital’s software engineers work together to solve complex problems around delivering news and entertainment to audiences across the country. Our digital portfolio combines websites, mobile apps, over-the-top (OTT) apps, and our content publishing platform into a seamless user experience. We take pride in our charter to transform Sinclair Broadcast Group from a broadcast-centric company into an every-platform enterprise while maintaining our entrepreneurial spirit.
The OTT Platform Team supports services for all of our current and future OTT products. It includes features such as Show and Episode publishing workflows, EPG creation and management, and Linear Feed ingestion, creation and management. Our goal is to provide a rich feature set of publishing tools for OTT producers to easily deliver content to end users on an array of devices.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Consult with internal departments to identify customer needs and include into project objectives. Provide support regarding product development to internal departments.
- Lead a technology team that designs and develops the application platforms and the tools which simplifies performance and reliability engineering.
- Increase team efficiency by removing roadblocks and providing a healthy culture for development.
- Identify risks before starting major projects.
- Lead and influence the architectural design of features by determining quality and adhering to specifications.
- Work with technical leaders to set and maintain technical and quality standards.
- Deliver platform systems that are architecturally sound, performant, scalable, secure, highly available, and reliable.
- Follow established processes to ensure team is delivering value on a regular cadence.
- Harmonize discordant views, find the best way forward and convince your team.
- Demonstrate resilience and navigate difficult situations with composure and tact.
- Support team members by providing mentorship and career guidance.
WHAT TO BRING:
- 5+ years software experience (~3 years development and ~2 years management)
- Experience managing high performing development team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effective cross-functional leadership skills: working with engineering and operational teams to ensure systems. are secure, scalable, reliable, and performant.
- Expert leadership capabilities including leading vendors, staff, and external teams to drive solutions.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!