Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! WE ARE ADVANCING THE WORLD OF BROADCASTING AND WE WANT YOU TO JOIN OUR WINNING TEAM!
KVII-TV is seeking an experienced Business Manager to perform Accounting and Human Resources duties in accordance with company policies and procedures. This position reports to the Regional Controller and acts as a business partner to the General Manager of the station and Corporate Regional HR Manager.
- Assisting with management of financial reporting and general accounting functions of the station and ensuring that all documentation complies with Sarbanes-Oxley, company regulations and GAAP reporting guidelines
- Complies and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to general ledger, fixed assets, financial statements, etc.
- Preparation of month end journal entries, financial statements, forecast, reports, variance analysis, etc.
- Reviews balance sheet, profit, loss statements, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected financial position of organization for managers
- Coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures
- Interaction with other organizational managers in preparing budgets, forecasts and financial information
- Manages and prepares payroll process
- Assists in other daily projects as assigned by the Regional Controller
- Collaborate in a team-based environment; providing excellent, friendly and responsive customer service to employees and managers
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our people, our work and our culture
- Ensure compliance with employment regulations, including FMLA, FLSA, ADA, and EEO
- Maintain a working knowledge and understanding of all HR and payroll related systems, including Oracle Cloud HRIS.
- Interpret and apply company policies and procedures
- Oversee the station Human Resources/Payroll Coordinator who is responsible for all other HR and Payroll functions of the station in cooperation with Corporate HR and payroll
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent
- A minimum 5 years relevant work experience in accounting
- Previous HR experience is required
- 2-4 years of experience working in a business office
- Excellent analytical, organizational, problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Working knowledge of human resources, payroll, internal control procedures and general ledger
- Must be results oriented with strong accounting and financial skills
- Proficient in Excel
- The ability to work in a team environment with various levels of staff
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with Oracle is preferred
- Experience in the broadcast industry is a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!