Make your mark in the broadcast and digital media landscape!
There are few companies that can provide the breadth and depth of audience impact and scope of work that Sinclair can. Sinclair Digital is transforming how television is produced, distributed, and consumed. We are the innovation team for the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, with more local television stations than anyone and affiliations with all major networks. Our multidisciplinary team works together to create elegant solutions to the complex problems around delivering the most trusted, empathic, engaging, quality news, information, and entertainment to web, mobile, broadcast, and over-the-top (OTT) media distribution to audiences all over the country. Our digital portfolio combines websites, mobile apps, over-the-top (OTT) apps, a content management and publishing platform, and into a seamless user experiences. We run lean, move with agility, and take pride in our charter to transform the Sinclair Broadcast Group from a broadcast-centric company into a omni-platform enterprise while maintaining our corporate entrepreneurial spirit.
We seek a Product Manager to drive the growth and innovation of Sinclair Digital’s News Mobile Application (NMA) products aimed at attracting and engaging news audiences. The Sinclair NMA Product Manager will deliver the product vision, strategies and plans that differentiate Sinclair Digital’s news mobile applications and delight our news audiences with superior user experiences and features.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
As a Product Manager, News Mobile Applications, you will lead by…
- Developing a multi-year roadmap for our news mobile application products to illustrate and communicate the vision, positioning and plan for the future
- Providing thought leadership by comparing products assessing the competition, and developing strategies and tactics to reduce threats and capitalize on new market trends
- Identifying and validating customer needs through research and market data
- Analyzing various market segments and make recommendations to leadership and stakeholders on the best ones to pursue and prioritize
- Developing and validating sets of hypotheses on market & customer problems
- Developing user stories for current and future products based on validated market & customer problems
- Collaborating with stakeholders on the prioritization of product features
- Developing and maintaining a robust backlog of product feature investments
- Drive buy-build-partner analysis, and where necessary, review potential partner relationships for the product
- Working with sales and leadership to define and support sales strategies within products
- Leveraging product data analytics to manage key performance indicators and operational key results for your products
- Supporting the rollout of new products with sales, training, advertising, support and production teams
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to define and execute on product marketing communications objectives
- Inspiring stakeholders, executives and delivery teams by clearly communicating product vision and planning designed to deliver measurable business impact
- Collaborating with Scrum team members to plan and execute: PI Planning, Lean UX, and technical ladder breakdowns
- Establishing and maintaining clear forms of communication with stakeholders, executives and team members that accurately provide guidance, direction and status of product strategy, roadmaps and initiatives
- Continuing professional and technical education, attending workshops, seminars, etc.
- Decomposing product initiatives into supporting epics
- Managing and prioritizing a feature backlog
- Collaborating with other Agile team members to clarify product requirements, set priorities, establish necessary tradeoffs and unblock the team on product-based decisions
- Contributing to the fun.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
The ideal candidate will have...
- 6+ years of experience planning, leading and implementing customer- and business-centric product strategies for innovative software development teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Product Design, or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience managing news or content publishing products.
- 4+ years of experience delivering mobile applications and related technologies.
- Knowledge of user-centric design and branding deliverables such as user flows, wireframes, and style guides.
- Strong experience communicating to management and stakeholders using written and verbal skills.
- Expertise in personal organization, time management, decision-making and problem-solving.
- Experience in media/news publishing and distribution, ad technology, or data analytics a big plus.
- SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager certification or Pragmatic Certified a big plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel for company business.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!