This role exists to provide all Dollywood Company Properties with Maintenance support, specifically monitoring both the maintenance and the operations of the steam locomotive. All of this will be done in a manner consistent with the mission, values and operating philosophies and standards of the Dollywood Company.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Train Fireman II, III or Engineer with operation, maintenance and repair of all railroad equipment including the train, track, bed system and facilities.
- Perform duties in a safe manner in compliance with manufacturer's specifications, Dollywood Company policies & procedures, applicable regulations, and industry standards.
- Assist with conducting scheduled maintenance and regulatory inspections.
- Maintain records of work completed.
- Must work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Assist others as requested.
- Effectively communicate with others.
Management reserves the right to change and/or add to these duties.
- Able to project Dollywood’s image by being genuinely friendly and caring and by taking pride in their work.
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined.
- Must be able to prioritize and complete work assignments on a timely basis.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality and judgment regarding privileged information.
- Must display and live out our Lead with Love principles by being: patient, kind, trusting, unselfish, truthful, forgiving, and dedicated.
- Must be willing to constantly improve.
- Must have professional appearance with good personal hygiene.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must promote and support a “team” work environment by cooperating and helping co-workers.
- Must adapt to changes easily.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Must show appreciation to others.
- Must be sensitive to the needs of our Guests and feel empowered to take action to meet their needs within company guidelines.
- Must function independently with limited supervision and guidance.
- Must be very well organized with a high attention to detail.
- Must be able to analyze and remember information.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS NECESSARY TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES
- Able to display and live out our Lead with Love principles, strongly rooted in the Dollywood Company culture, by being: patient, kind, trusting, unselfish, truthful, forgiving, and dedicated.
- Able to hear, see and speak.
- Able to speak, read and write English.
- Able to smile and make eye contact to make a friendly impression when greeting guests, vendors and other employees.
- Must have manual dexterity necessary to complete all job duties.
- Able to sit and/or stand for long/short periods.
- Able to maintain good personal hygiene.
- Able to get along with other employees to work out problems and resolve conflicts.
- Able to comprehend instructions and retain information.
- Able to maintain dependable work attendance and flexibility with assigned work schedules including any required overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Able to be flexible to handle frequent changes in priorities.
- Able to prioritize tasks and complete assignments on time.
- Able to endure temperatures of 0 to 110 degrees.
- Able to work outdoors.
- Able to balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch, and work in confines spaces.
- Able to lift, carry, push and/or pull objects and materials of moderately heavy weight (up to 50 pounds) and occasionally heavier weight (up to 100 pounds with assistance).
- Able to work at heights up to and in excess of 150ft.
- Able to operate/drive a motor vehicle.
- Able to endure approved exposure levels to various chemicals found in cleaning solvents, adhesives, paints, and lubricants
- Able to use hand tools, power tools and equipment such as air compressor, skill saw, electric drill, impact wrench, hand wrenches, shovel, etc.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- At least 6 months work experience that demonstrates successful execution of similar duties and responsibilities in a commercial/industrial environment.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.