826 National is seeking bright and innovative candidates for the 826 National General Internship. This position is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in getting a survey of all areas of nonprofit work including: event planning, business administration, marketing and development, social media,
editing and publishing, education research and evaluation, and much more. Interns must be able to work out of the 826 National office located in San Francisco, CA, and report directly to our Operations Manager.
Projects and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with 826 National events including 101 Seminars, online campaigns, National board meeting, staff retreats etc.
- Assisting in the operations of the National Office, including projects and tasks for the CEO and Operations Manager (i.e. creating Internship Program resources, assisting in fundraising research, drafting expense reports, researching and creating operational manuals, building out new systems)
- Assisting with office administrative duties, i.e. data entry, filing, etc.
- Assisting with the editing of 826 National publications and book projects (when applicable)
Working across departments to provide support as needed, which may include the following
- Communications - creating copy or graphics for social media, website, and newsletters, researching content
- 826 Digital - editing lessons and other content, selecting student writing
- Development - copy editing and research, creating campaign collateral and donor appreciation
- Programs - supporting resources for 826 programs and volunteer teams across the 826 network