The Buckner Family Hope Center is a community-based place of hope where families go to find strength and empowerment to reach their fullest God-given potential. The key to the Family Hope Center is the passion-driven staff and volunteers who devote themselves to walking alongside families through trials and struggles and ultimately towards success as defined by that family.
We are looking for an intern at the Buckner Family Hope Center at Wynnewood in Oak Cliff. The intern would work alongside Buckner staff and Texas Tutors to facilitate the literacy portion of our after-school program. This intern's responsibilities will include:
- Learning Istation, an online literacy tool for kids
- Attending team planning meetings
- Assisting with lesson and activity planning
Delivering lessons in a one on one, or group setting with kids, ages 7-12
- This intern should also be very flexible and expect to perform a variety of tasks with the team
- In our after school program, our goal is to spur positive relationships, motivate ambition for the future, teach life skills, encourage a love of reading, and provide a safe place to learn after school. This program consists of about 20 children between the ages of 8-12.
- Work with and mentor over twenty children in the after-school program
- Develop case management skills
- Provided one on one attention and encouragement to kids
- Assess progress of children's literacy and social emotional learning
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned in a timely and accurate manner