Internship is for College Credit Only.
The Media Intern will report to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities include: assisting the Director in designing all communications, both online and print. Please have an interest in using video to communicate personal finance information in a creative way for consumers. The Intern candidate should be interested in skill development in the following areas:
- Computer Animation
- Visual Arts
- Social Media
Communications Learning Outcomes:
- The Media and Communications Intern will gain a well-rounded introduction to the importance of web marketing and content creation of a nonprofit organization.
- Will understand the process of creating promotional material that can be used on multiple platforms.
- Learn the skills of creating online engagement through e-blasts and other social media interaction on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, website, leveraging other posting sites and working with partners to maximize the visibility and web traffic.
- Create graphic designs that meet the specifications and requirements of communication problems.
- An understanding of basic business practices, including the ability to organize design projects and to work productively as a member of teams.