Barron’s Group is a dynamic portfolio of consumer-facing brands in financial advice, news, luxury real estate, and lifestyle. The portfolio is comprised of Barron’s, Barron’s Penta, MarketWatch, FN London and Mansion Global.
As our intern, you will serve as a voice and advocate of target users, empathizing with and thoroughly understanding our audience members’ goals, desires and preferences. You’ll use this knowledge to inform concepts and innovative solutions across products and projects. You will collaborate with and work alongside product managers, engineers, journalists, and business stakeholders. Ultimately, you will be helping shape the future of how we deliver analysis and content to our customers.
In this role you will:
- Work with the in-house Product Design team to define interactive experiences within Barron’s Group
- Focus on and take ownership of a project or initiative that spans the course of the internship
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, editors and other stakeholders to implement and deliver final products
- Develop and help implement the design language system, ensuring a consistent and coherent user experience and aesthetic voice with a high level of quality and polish
- Take part in design communication across a multidisciplinary team throughout each phase of a project
- Stay informed with design trends and techniques, and recommend new tools and technology when applicable
- Apply available research (and conduct if needed), including analytics data, qualitative studies, A/B tests, and competitive analysis to inform and iterate design
- Create: design wireframes, design user flows, design mockups, design presentations, native design files, design annotations, clickable prototypes and style guides
- Assist (if interested) in developing design research briefs, contribute to competitor/landscape analyses, observe user interviews, and set up unmoderated usability tests