THE PROJECT MANAGER II IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MANAGING THE OVERALL PLANNING, EXECUTION, MONITORING AND DELIVERY OF MULTIPLE MEDIUM-TO-LARGE PROJECTS SIMULTANEOUSLY, ACCORDING TO THE ORGANIZATION’S PROJECT MANAGEMENT METHODOLOGY.
- Manage all phases of the project life cycle from Project Initiation to Project Closure for one or more highly visible, corporate priority initiatives simultaneously. Create, maintain and monitor the master project plan for assigned projects. Identify and engage the appropriate project stakeholders and project team resources. Act as the central point of contact for all project issues. Maintain the project Issues List. Resolve conflicts and escalate issues to senior management, as appropriate. Serve as the central point of contact for all project communication, internally and with third party vendors. Liaison to third party vendors for the project. Establish the agenda and conduct standing conference calls and meetings associated with the project. Oversee and/or assist in the gathering, analysis and prioritization of functional, technical, security and training requirements for the project. Ensure the execution of all phases of testing from Integration Testing to User Acceptance Testing. Create and/or coordinate the generation of test plans and test data. Oversee and/or coordinate the preparation, documentation, and delivery of Training to end-users. Review and approve all communication to members and partners related to the project. Responsible for maintaining all project documentation. Provide timely and accurate status reporting on deliverables, milestones, timeframes and budgets associated with the project. Maintain and review budgets for assigned projects to ensure budgetary goals are met. Facilitate the preparation, documentation and review of the project Implementation Plan. Prepare the Wrap-Up Report and conduct the Post Implementation Review for assigned projects. Maintain communications with the Credit Union’s executives regarding the status of projects. (70%)
- Utilize highly effective leadership, communication, and relationship-building skills in leading cross-functional teams toward achieving aggressive organizational goals. Provide project team members the tools to manage assigned project tasks effectively. Provide project team members a positive and motivating work environment to encourage individual growth and success. Oversee negotiation and administration of vendor contract and relations. Serve on the Steering Committee for assigned projects. Positively influence others across functional areas and achieve buy-in to drive cultural and organizational change initiatives. Recognized as a trusted advisor by Business Leaders and Executives. Serve as an escalation point for all project team members including Business Leaders, Subject Matter Experts, Business Analysts and Vendors. Provide input to respective business leaders on the performance of project team members. Develop and/or assist business leaders in the development of business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for assigned projects. Direct vendor evaluation and selection, strategic research, needs assessment, SWOT analysis, competitive analysis, and compliance reviews to support project assignments. (30%)
SPECIALIZED OR TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management or related field or the equivalent work-related experience.
- 3+ years of demonstrated Project Management experience on projects of various size and complexity. Demonstrated ability of successfully managing large scale projects, preferably in a financial institution.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Microsoft Project experience preferred.
- 3+ years of demonstrated ability leading diverse teams and successfully executing on project deliverables.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of Business Unit and IT management, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical staff and vice versa.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Proven critical thinking and problem resolution skills.
- Proven decision-making and negotiating skills.
- Prior supervisory /leadership experience is preferred.
- Mortgage experience preferred.
- On-site presence daily required.