The position is responsible for one or more of our industrial cleaning accounts including all operational, administrative, account expansion and customer relation’s responsibilities.
- In conjunction with the customer, develops work scope, schedules, and staffing to complete the work defined by the client, including on-going work, new projects and shut downs.
- Ensures the established and un-established quality standards of MPW and the customer are met or exceeded.
- Reviews all payroll reports, promotions, demotions, annual reviews, disciplinary actions, transfers, terminations, employee relations, employee safety, and employee communications.
- Responsible for expanding the business at the account also finding and developing for the other business “opportunities” outside of the account.
- Manages the account within the guidelines established by the customer contact as well as the policies and procedures established by corporate MPW.
- Responds to customer related complaints and inquiries, soliciting senior management and /or corporate staff support where appropriate.
- Reviews the disciplinary practices of supervisors and foremen to ensure consistency as related to disciplining employees.
- Oversees all of the location’s inventory needs.
- Responsible for obtaining a PO for any and all work performed which is outside the scope of the contract.
- Provides information as related to contract negotiations, as well as being an active participant.
- Responsible for daily meetings with the customer to review the status of the work schedule.
- Responsible for developing the supervisory staff to meet the management needs of the account and to provide adequate supervisory backup.
- Manages the MPW expenditures at the account operating level to meet profit goals.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management Degree with emphasis in Production Operations Management, a Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering related field or a related Associate Degree preferred; high school diploma acceptable.
- Understanding and complete knowledge of a high volume paint department, its cleaning and maintenance, with the ability to schedule manpower in an effort to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the operation preferred.
- Knowledge of supervision and scheduling of manpower intensive work activities with emphasis on service type business acceptable.
- Professional oral and written interpersonal communication.
- 3-5 years experience in managing and scheduling employees to perform cleaning and quality assurance measures as related to a high volume paint department or other labor-intensive industrial cleaning is ideal.
- 1-3 years experience as MPW Operations Manager or Account Supervisor is a plus.
- 2-3 years management of top-level supervisory experience in a manufacturing service related business is acceptable.