Rust-Oleum Corporation has an immediate opening for a day-shift Machine Operator. The primary responsibility of the Machine Operator is to package paint and related products by operating, setting up, adjusting, and performing QC checks while tending to machines/hand fills to package paint in a safe, consistent, and efficient manner, according to specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspect and examine products for quality, packaging accuracy, conformance to specifications, and external defects.
- Change over equipment, adjust equipment, or otherwise adjust machines to improve equipment performance and quality.
- Set and adjust speed, temperature, product flow, and positions and tolerances of equipment.
- Examine job orders to determine details such as quantities to be filled, production times, stock specifications, BOM’s, and SKU sequences.
- Monitor filling equipment to maintain specified operating levels and to detect malfunctions, making adjustments as necessary.
- Operate equipment at most efficient speed to ensure proper quality and output.
- Responsibility for the equipment performance, efficient changeovers, operation, and preventative maintenance.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Experience with CNC Operations preferred.
- Ability to read and fully understand batch cards and instructions to effectively communicate directions to other associates.
- Ability to do basic math.
- Ability to read and understand various meters, scales and electronic read outs.
- Ability to enter computer data.
- Industrial experience is desirable.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to coordinate the work of others.
- Ability to solve problems in a team environment.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds