The WARNER ROBINS Campus of Georgia Military College is seeking a candidate for the position of Student Services Representative. This is a full-time, salaried position, 40 hours per week.
This position is responsible for assisting students and visitors and providing clerical and administrative support to campus departments including but not limited to the Registrar’s Office, Admissions Office, and Bookstore.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greets and directs guests to the campus, provides general information about the college, schedules appointments, conducts campus tours, and performs other clerical, administrative, and support functions for the offices of Admissions, Registrar, and Bookstore.
- Assists prospective applicants who express interest in GMC at recruiting events or submit financial aid applications through the admission application process.
- Assists applicants with the admissions process utilizing GMC’s student information system, GMC’s student ID system, Microsoft Office suite, and various means of communication.
- Updates student records and processing student documents and requests, such as incoming transcripts, test scores, changes of major, transcript requests, enrollment verifications, etc.
- Maintains student records, including filing and retrieving current records (physical and electronic) and disposing of expired documents in accordance with regulation.
- Maintains a supply of degree program information, admissions forms, and other documents needed for admission to the college.
- Maintains a working knowledge of financial aid basics and academic programs.
- Performs Bookstore tasks including operating the point-of-sale system to check out and check in textbooks and sell course materials and merchandise.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
*CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG SCREEN MUST BE CLEARED BEFORE ANY CANDIDATE MAY BEGIN WORKING.
Georgia Military College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
High school diploma or equivalent is required; associate’s degree or higher is preferred.
Prior work experience in a higher education setting is preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to work normal business hours Monday through Friday.