AS A MORTON BUILDINGS INTERN, YOU WILL:
- Work directly with a mentor in your field of study.
- Work on a team and individually on key projects and products.
- Interact directly with Senior Leadership on strategy and projects.
- Provide updates, written or verbal, on project status to various members of management or Senior Leadership.
- Perform assigned duties to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for successful performance.
- Participate in related team or project meetings and conference calls.
- Strong technical and organizational skills in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills in a professional environment.
- A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality.
- Must be highly motivated with the ability to meet daily deadlines.
- Self-starter with a positive, willing to learn attitude.
- Able to work independently, as well as able to work well in a team setting.
- Service minded with excellent communication and solid documentation skills.
- Able to work with tools in a safe manner and willing to periodically work in a more hands on environment.
- Competent with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD. Experience with Nastran and/or Visual Analysis is a plus.
- Targeted Graduation date during the 2019/2020 school year or students completing schooling at the end of 2018/2019 but still needing to satisfy an internship requirement.
- Pursuing an engineering degree in one of the following fields: Civil Engineering with emphasis in Structural Engineering, Construction Engineering or Construction/Architecture. Mechanical Engineering with emphasis in Mechatronics, Robotics & Controls, or Solid Mechanics.
This is a paid hourly position that will start in early June 2019 and conclude mid-August 2019.
MORTON BUILDINGS, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE.