Performs complex fabrication work on control panels and systems.
- Assembles electrical components, units, subassemblies, and wiring.
- Positions, aligns, and adjusts components and electrical parts to facilitate wiring and assembly.
- Wires complex control panels/systems based upon drawings, instructions and guidelines in a correct and timely manner.
- Manages time, prioritizes work, performs in a fast paced environment, while achieving cost effective results within time schedule.
- Manufactures control panels to project specification under direction of Supervisor.
- Reads and comprehends electrical schematics, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders and mechanical drawings.
- Documents and maintains electrical and mechanical drawings, red line, to reflect as built products.
- Follows and maintains 3rd party standards, NEC code, and other applicable standards and codes.
- Follows and understands quality control procedures.
- Communications with Supervisor/Lead/Engineering regarding the status of work and any quality or design issues.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on machines/tools as scheduled and required for TPM.
- Works individually and as a team to develop and implement quality and efficiency improvements.
- Associate technical degree preferred.
- Minimum of one year related experience.
- Ability to mount components to panels or equipment.
- Ability to use electronic and pneumatic tools for assembly.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, proportions and decimals. Ability and understanding of various measuring devices in meeting drawing dimensions and specifications.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, sketches, layouts, work orders, work instructions, diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Good verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Work requires continual attention to detail in follow through, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.